Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I don't want to pay taxes..



With Food Security Bill almost a certainty, I am forced to re-think if I should make any further contributions to “Bharat Nirmaan”. I.e. should I pay taxes???

I am told entrepreneurs of yesteryears cheated the country and used to evade taxes and still do. I considered them as criminals, but now I am of the opinion that they were right. The government cannot be trusted with public money.They had NREGA which cost us so much in terms of funds diverted, rising farm/industrial  input costs leading to inflation and what not and now this trillion rupee demon of providing 75% population with “2 waqt ka khaana”. They had PDS all these years, sorry decades, so why a new burden?? Children already have Mid-Day meal,no? Instead of plugging the gaps in the existing system, which mind you will not be closed and would keep on giving subsidized ration to the needy, we are getting ready to introduce another “scheme”(would most certainly have a Gandhi/Nehru title)??

After 65 years of independence, if all my countrymen don’t have access to a decent daily earning, basic facilities, a decent meal then who’s to blame?? We all are..We should bury our heads in shame..We elected these successive ‘unproductive’ governments, we allowed the” public servants” to become so arrogant that they terrorize the same citizens who pay their salaries??

Coming back to my changed stance-why should I pay taxes??
For non-existent roads?? 
The ones that can be used are Toll roads, another tax.. 

For medical facilities?? Has anyone seen the inside of a government hospital/dispensary?? You need either a rapport or bribe to get things done..another tax albeit illegal..

For developing rail network?? We added same length of rails after independence as British did in 35yrs..

For water supply to my home?? I pay a fee and I have to install a water purifier..

For space/defense research?? We don’t persuade indigenous systems, we buy them so that bribes are paid and everyone gets something out of it..

For security?? More Policemen are on Bandobast duty than on public service, add to it their arrogance, non-availability, high-handedness and more.We pay 125 crores to SPG for Mr Vadra's security..I ask,why?????

For getting soldiers on border so I can sleep in peace?? Those brave hearts don’t even have orders to save their own lives(Mr. Defense Minister has given them “freedom” to retaliate..waah..not orders to engage and destroy),what about me?? They are not even treated well in death..

I can go on and on..
Now what?? Well, we certainly deserve this and actually more..We’ll keep paying taxes when we eat out,pay toll to save time and yet fume in the waiting lines..

We work for 25 days in a month,on a conservative estimate 12 days of earnings are just tax..

Think about it…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home